One of these days we had too many apples and too much yogurt at home. Our solution was to look for a coffee cake recipe that included both.
And yes! We found this recipe from Kitchen M, made a few adjustments to our taste and also made it easier to prepare.
So here is our version of a delicious Apple and Yogurt Coffee Cake!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 small apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease two 8½in x 4½in (21cm x 11cm) loaf pans. Preheat the oven to 375F (180C).
- Prepare topping first. Mix brown sugar, pecans and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Add egg and egg white and continue to beat. Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in apples gently and avoid over mixing.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and sprinkle topping on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The smell of apples and cinnamon will make you wanna eat the whole cake!
But be strong and savor it little by little!
I know, easier said than done 🙂
I think you may also like these recipes: